219. Electoral roll for a municipal area.
(1) For every municipal area, there shall be an electoral roll showing the names of persons qualifying to vote.
(2) The electoral roll for every municipal area shall be divided into several parts, one for each ward of a municipal area.
(3) The electoral roll for a municipal area shall be prepared, revised or corrected by the State Election Commission in accordance with such rules as may be made by the Government in this behalf:
Provided that there shall be a preliminary publication of such electoral roll after preparation or revision to be followed by final publication after hearing of objections in the manner prescribed.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, the electoral roll for the time being in force for the election of Members of the Manipur Legistive Assembly, so far as it relates to the area comprised in the municipal area, may be adopted as the electoral roll for that municipal area for the purposes of preliminary publication.