204. Powers of Deputy Commissioner in case of emergency.
(1) If, in any case of emergency, the Deputy Commissioner upon the recommendation of the concerned technical advisor immediately, available, is of opinion that the immediate execution of any work or the immediate doing of any act which the Nagar Panchayat or the Council, whether at a meeting or otherwise, are empowered to execute or do, is necessary for the health or safety of the public, he may call upon the Nagar Panchayat or the Council to execute the work within such time as he may appoint. If such work is not executed within such period he may appoint some other person to execute the work or do the act immediately.
(2) The Deputy Commissioner shall forthwith report to the Government every case in which he uses the powers conferred on him under sub-section (1) whereupon the Government may pass such order as it may deem fit.
(3) Where any person is appointed under sub-section (1), the Deputy Commissioner may direct that the expense of performing the duty, executing the work or doing the act, together with reasonable remuneration, if any, to the person so appointed, shall forthwith be paid by the Nagar Panchayat or by the Council.
(4) Where such expense and remuneration are not so paid, the Deputy Commissioner may make an order directing the person having the custody of the balance of the Municipal Fund to pay the expense and remuneration, or so much thereof as is possible from the balance, in priority to any or all other charge, and such person shall make payment accordingly.