46. Register of mutations.-
(1) There shall be maintained for every village a register of mutations in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed.
(2) Any person acquiring by succession, survivorship, inheritance, partition, purchase, mortgage, gift or otherwise any right in land or, where such person acquiring the right is a minor or otherwise disqualified, his guardian or other person having charge of his property, shall report his acquisition of such right to the competent authority within three months from the date of such acquisition and such authority shall give at once a written acknowledgement in the prescribed form for such report to the person making it.
(3) The competent authority shall enter the substance of every report made to it under sub-section (2) in the register of mutations and also make an entry therein respecting the acquisition of any right of the kind mentioned in sub-section (2) which it has reason to believe to have taken place and of which a report has not been made under the said sub-section and, at the same time, shall post up a complete copy of the entry in a conspicuous place in the village and shall give written intimation to all persons appearing from the record of rights or the register of mutations to be interested in the mutations and to any other person whom it has reason to believe to be interested therein.
(4) Should any objection to any entry made under sub-section (3) in the register of mutations be made either orally or in writing to the competent authority, the particulars shall be entered in the register of disputed cases and the competent authority shall at once give a written acknowledgement in the prescribed form for the objection to the person making it.
(5) The objections made under sub-section (4) shall be decided on the basis of possession by the competent authority and orders disposing of objections entered in the register of disputed cases shall be recorded in the register of mutations by the competent authority.
(6) After the entries in the register of mutations have been tested and found correct, the entries shall be transferred to the record of rights and shall be certified by such officer as may be prescribed in this behalf.