49. Persons who are to preside over village courts.-
(1) The village court shall be presided over by the chairman of the Village Authority if he is a member of the court.
(2) If the chairman of the Village Authority is absent from a sitting of the village suit of if he is not a member of the court shall elect its own President.
(3) In the case of difference of opinion among the members of the court the opinion of the majority shall prevail and the decisions and orders of the court shall be expressed in terms of the views of the majority.
(4) In the case of an equality of votes the person presiding over the court shall have a second or casting vote.