68. Right of survivors of joint or several payees of securities.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in section 45 of the Indian Contract Act, 1872 (9 of 1872)-
(a) when any Port Trust security is payable to two or more persons jointly, and either or any of them dies, the Port Trust security shall be payable to the survivor or survivors of those persons, and
(b) when any such security is payable to two or more persons severally and either or any of them dies, the security shall be payable to the survivor or survivors of those persons, or to the representatives of the deceased, or to any of them.
(2) This section shall apply whether such death occurred or occurs before or after the appointed day.
(3) Nothing herein contained shall affect any claim which any representative of a deceased person may have against the survivor or survivors under or in respect of any security to which sub-section (1) applies.
(4) For the purposes of this section, a body incorporated or deemed to be incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), or the Co-operative Societies Act, 1912 (2 of 1912) or any other enactment for the time being in force, whether within or without India, shall be deemed to die when it is dissolved.