The Major Port Authorities Act, 2021
1. Short title, commencement and application.-
(1) This Act may be called the Major Port Authorities Act, 2021.
(2) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification, in the Official Gazette, appoint.
(3) It shall apply to the Major Ports of Chennai, Cochin, Deendayal (Kandla), Jawaharlal Nehru (Nhava Sheva), Kolkata, Mormugao, Mumbai, New Mangalore, Paradip, V.O. Chidambaranar (Tuticorin) and Visakhapatnam.
1. 3rd November, 2021, Vide notification No. S.O. 4504 (E), dated 29th October, 2021, see Gazette of India, Part II, sec. 3(ii).