12. State Employment Guarantee Council.-
(1) For the purposes of regular monitoring and reviewing the implementation of this Act at the State level, every State Government shall constitute a State Council to be known as the (name of the State) State Employment Guarantee Council with a Chairperson and such number of official members as may be determined by the State Government and not more than fifteen non-official members nominated by the State Government from Panchayati Raj institutions, organisations of workers and disadvantaged groups: Provided that not less than one-third of the non-official members nominated under this clause shall be women: Provided further that not less than one third of the non-official members shall be belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes and Minorities.
(2) The terms and conditions subject to which the Chairperson and members of the State Council may be appointed and the time, place and procedure of the meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) of the State Council shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(3) The duties and functions of the State Council shall include-
(a) advising the State Government on all matters concerning the Scheme and its implementation in the State;
(b) determining the preferred works;
(c) reviewing the monitoring and redressal mechanisms from time to time and recommending improvements;
(d) promoting the widest possible dissemination of information about this Act and the Schemes under it;
(e) monitoring the implementation of this Act and the Schemes in the State and coordinating such implementation with the Central Council;
(f) preparing the annual report to be laid before the State Legislature by the State Government;
(g) any other duty or function as may be assigned to it by the Central Council or the State Government.
(3) The State Council shall have the power to undertake an evaluation of the Schemes operating in the State and for that purpose to collect or cause to be collected statistics pertaining to the rural economy and the implementation of the Schemes and Programmes in the State.