Implementing and Monitoring Authorities
10. Central Employment Guarantee Council.-
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification specify, there shall be constituted a Council to be called the Central Employment Guarantee Council to discharge the functions, and perform the duties, assigned to it by or under this Act.
(2) The headquarters of the Central Council shall be at Delhi.
(3) The Central Council shall consist of the following members to be appointed by the Central Government, namely:-
(a) a Chairperson;
(b) not more than such number of representatives of the Central Ministries including the Planning Commission not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India as may be determined by the Central Government;
(c) not more than such number of representatives of the State Governments as may be determined by the Central Government;
(d) not more than fifteen non-official members representing Panchayati Raj Institutions, organisations of workers and disadvantaged groups: Provided that such non-official members shall include two chairpersons of District Panchayats nominated by the Central Government by rotation for a period of one year at a time: Provided further that not less than one-third of the non-official members nominated under this clause shall be women: Provided also that not less than one-third of the non-official members shall be belonging to the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, the Other Backward Classes and Minorities;
(e) such number of representatives of the States as the Central Government may, by rules, determine in this behalf;
(f) a Member-Secretary not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India.
(4) The terms and conditions subject to which the Chairperson and other members of the Central Council may be appointed and the time, place and procedure of the meetings (including the quorum at such meetings) of the Central Council shall be such as may be prescribed by the Central Government.