28. Investiture of 2[District or] Subordinate Judge with Small Cause jurisdiction.-
The Local Government may, by notification in the official Gazette, invest, within such local limits as it shall from time to time appoint, any
2[District or] Subordinate Judge with the jurisdiction of a Judge of a Court of Small Causes for the trial of suits cognizable by such Courts up to the amount of rupees
Investiture of District Munsif with similar jurisdiction.-
and any District Munsif with the same jurisdiction up to the amount of rupees fifty 4[or on the recommendation of the High Court up to any amount not exceeding rupees 1[three hundred]], and may, by like notification, whenever it thinks fit, withdraw such jurisdiction from the Subordinate Judge or Munsif so invested.
1. Ins. by Act 19 of 1877, s. 3.
2. Ins. by Act 21 of 1885, s. 5.
3. Subs. by Act 18 of 1926, s. 2, for "five hundred".
4. Ins. by Act 21 of 1885, s. 5.