42. Investments and credits in certain funds.-
(1) The securities held in respect of the investments made from Cash Balances Investment Account or from any Fund in the Public Account of the existing State of Madhya Pradesh as specified in the Fifth Schedule to this Act shall be apportioned in the ratio of population of the successor States: Provided that the securities held in investments made from the Calamity Relief Fund of the existing State of Madhya Pradesh shall be divided in the ratio of the area of the territories occupied by the successor States:
Provided further that the balance in the Reserve Funds in the Public Account of Madhya Pradesh created wholly out of appropriations from the Consolidated Fund of the existing State of Madhya Pradesh, to the extent the balances have not been invested outside Government account, shall not be carried forward to similar Reserve Funds in the Public Account of, successor States: Provided also that the balances in any other Reserve Funds, excluding those specified in sub-section (2), shall be allocated between the States of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the ratio of population of those States.
(2) The investments of the existing State of Madhya Pradesh immediately before the appointed day in any special fund the objects of which are confined to a local area shall belong to the State in which that area is included on the appointed day.
(3) The investments of the existing State of Madhya Pradesh immediately before the appointed day in any private, commercial or industrial undertaking, in so far as such investments have not been made or are deemed not to have been made from the cash balance investment account, shall pass to the State in which the principal seat of business of the undertaking is located.
(4) Where any body corporate constituted under a Central Act, State Act or Provincial Act for the existing State of Madhya Pradesh or any part thereof has, by virtue of the provisions of Part II of this Act, become an inter-State body corporate, the investments in, or loans or advances to, any such body corporate by the existing State of Madhya Pradesh made before the appointed day shall, save as otherwise expressly provided by or under this Act, be divided between the States of Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh in the same proportion in which the assets of the body corporate are divided under the provisions of this Part.