The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
Chapter XIII Declaration of Assets
44. Declaration of Assets
1. Every public servant shall make a declaration of his assets and liabilities in the manner as provided by or under this Act.
2. A public servant shall, within a period of thirty days from the date on which he makes and subscribes an oath or affirmation to enter upon his office, furnish to the competent authority the information relating to—
a. the assets of which he, his spouse and his dependent children are, jointly or severally, owners or beneficiaries;
b. his liabilities and that of his spouse and his dependent children.
3. A public servant holding his office as such, at the time of the commencement of this Act, shall furnish information relating to such assets and liabilities, as referred to in subsection (2 ), to the competent authority within thirty days of the coming into force of this Act.
4. Every public servant shall file with the competent authority, on or before the 31st July of every year, an annual return of such assets and liabilities, as referred to in sub-section (2 ), as on the 31st March of that year.
5. The information under sub-section (2 ) or sub-section (3 ) and annual return under sub-section (4 ) shall be furnished to the competent authority in such form and in such manner as may be prescribed.
6. The competent authority in respect of each Ministry or Department shall ensure that all such statements are published on the website of such Ministry or Department by 31st August of that year.
Explanation. — For the purposes of this section, "dependent children" means sons and daughters who have no separate means of earning and are wholly dependent on the public servant for their livelihood.