The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
30. Confirmation of attachment of assets.
1. The Lokpal, when it provisionally attaches any property under sub-section (1 ) of section 29 shall, within a period of thirty days of such attachment, direct its Prosecution Wing to file an application stating the facts of such attachment before the Special Court and make a prayer for confirmation of attachment of the property till completion of the proceedings against the public servant in the Special Court.
2. The Special Court may, if it is of the opinion that the property provisionally attached had been acquired through corrupt means, make an order for confirmation of attachment of such property till the completion of the proceedings against the public servant in the Special Court.
3. If the public servant is subsequently acquitted of the charges framed against him, the property, subject to the orders of the Special Court, shall be restored to the concerned public servant along with benefits from such property as might have accrued during the period of attachment.
4. If the public servant is subsequently convicted of the charges of corruption, the proceeds relatable to the offence under the Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 shall be confiscated and vest in the Central Government free from any encumbrance or leasehold interest excluding any debt due to any bank or financial institution.
Explanation. —For the purposes of this sub-section, the expressions "bank", "debt" and "financial institution" shall have the meanings respectively assigned to them in clauses (d ), (g ) and (h ) of section 2 of the Recovery of Debts Due to Banks and Financial Institutions Act, 1993.