The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
16. Constitution of benches of Lokpal.
1. Subject to the provisions of this Act,-
a. the jurisdiction of the Lokpal may be exercised by benches thereof;
b. a bench may be constituted by the Chairperson with two or more Members as the Chairperson may deem fit;
c. every bench shall ordinarily consist of at least one Judicial Member;
d. where a bench consists of the Chairperson, such bench shall be presided over by the Chairperson;
e. where a bench consists of a Judicial Member, and a non-Judicial Member, not being the Chairperson, such bench shall be presided over by the Judicial Member;
f. the benches of the Lokpal shall ordinarily sit at New Delhi and at such other places as the Lokpal may, by regulations, specify.
2. The Lokpal shall notify the areas in relation to which each bench of the Lokpal may exercise jurisdiction.
3. Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-section (2 ), the Chairperson shall have the power to constitute or reconstitute benches from time to time.
4. If at any stage of the hearing of any case or matter it appears to the Chairperson or a Member that the case or matter is of such nature that it ought to be heard by a bench consisting of three or more Members, the case or matter may be transferred by the Chairperson or, as the case may be, referred to him for transfer, to such bench as the Chairperson may deem fit.