The Lokpal and Lokayuktas Act, 2013
10. Secretary, other officers and staff of Lokpal.
1. There shall be a Secretary to the Lokpal in the rank of Secretary to Government of India, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
2. There shall be a Director of Inquiry and a Director of Prosecution not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India or equivalent, who shall be appointed by the Chairperson from a panel of names sent by the Central Government.
3. The appointment of officers and other staff of the Lokpal shall be made by the Chairperson or such Member or officer of Lokpal as the Chairperson may direct:
Provided that the President may by rule require that the appointment in respect of any post or posts as may be specified in the rule, shall be made after consultation with the Union Public Service Commission.
4. Subject to the provisions of any law made by Parliament, the conditions of service of Secretary and other officers and staff of the Lokpal shall be such as may be specified by regulations made by the Lokpal for the purpose:
Provided that the regulations made under this sub-section shall, so far as they relate to salaries, allowances, leave or pensions, require the approval of the President.