6. Advisory Committees.-
(1) The Central Government may constitute as many Advisory Committees as it thinks fit, but not exceeding one for each of the principal limestone or dolomite producing States, to advise the Central Government on such matters arising out of the administration of this Act as may be referred to it by that Government, including matters relating to the application of the Fund.
(2) Each Advisory Committee shall consist of such number of persons as may be appointed to it by the Central Government and the members shall be chosen in such manner as may be prescribed:
Provided that each Advisory Committee shall include an equal number of members representing the Government, the owners of limestone and dolomite mines and the persons employed in the limestone and dolomite mines and that at least one member of each such Committee shall be a woman.
(3) The Chairman of each Advisory Committee shall be appointed by the Central Government.
(4) The Central Government shall publish in the Official Gazette the names of all members of every Advisory Committee.
1. Ins. by Act 15 of 1987, s. 3 (w.e.f. 22-5-1987).