16. Power to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette and subject to the condition of previous publication, make rules for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for-
(a) the assessment and collection of the duty of excise levied under this Act;
(b) the period within which the person selling or otherwise disposing of the limestone or dolomite to the occupier of the factory shall pay the duty of excise to such occupier;
(c) the period within which the owner of the limestone or dolomite mine shall pay the duty of excise to the Central Government;
(d) the manner in which the occupier of the factory shall collect the duty of excise;
(e) the period within which the occupier of the factory shall pay to the Central Government the duty of excise collected by him;
(f) the determination of the cost of collection of the duty of excise levied under this Act;
(g) the manner in which the Fund may be applied for the measures specified in section 5;
(h) the conditions governing the grant of loan or subsidy under clause (b) of sub-section (2) of section 5;
(i) the standard of welfare facilities to be provided by owners of limestone or dolomite mines for the purposes of clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 5;
(j) the determination of the amounts referred to in sub-clause (ii) of clause (c) of sub-section (2) of section 5 and in the proviso to that clause;
(k) the composition of the Advisory Committees and the Central Advisory Committee constituted under sections 6 and 7 respectively, the manner in which the members thereof shall be chosen, the term of office of such members, the allowances, if any, payable to them, and the manner in which the said Advisory Committees and the Central Advisory Committee shall conduct their business;
(l) the recruitment, conditions of service and the duties of all persons appointed under section 8;
(m) the powers that may be exercised by 1[a Welfare Commissioner or a Welfare Administrator or an Inspector] under section 8;
(n) the furnishing to the Central Government by the occupier of factories 2[, the purchasing agents or stockists of limestone or dolomite] and the owners, agents or managers of limestone or dolomite mines, of such statistical and other information as may be required to be furnished from time to time by that Government;
(o) the authority which may impose any penalty under section 12.
(3) In making any rule under clause (b) or clause (n) of sub-section (2), the Central Government may direct that a breach thereof shall be punishable with fine which may extend to five hundred rupees.
(4) Every rule made under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
1. Subs. by Act 70 of 1982, s. 7, for "an Inspector or a Welfare Administrator" (w.e.f. 13-11-1982).
2. Ins. by s. 7, ibid. (w.e.f. 13-11-1982).