5. Management of general lighthouses by the Central Government and delegation of management.
(1) The superintendence and management of all general lighthouses are vested in the Central Government.
1. Ins. by Act 66 of 1985, s. 2 (w.e.f. 1-2-1986).
2. Subs. by Act 37 of 1976, s. 4, for "Indian Merchant Shipping Act, 1923" (w.e.f. 15 -4-1976).
3. Subs. by Act 66 of 1985, s. 3, for clauses (b), (c) and (d) (w.e.f. 1-2-1986).
4. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-2-1986).
(2) The Central Government may require any local lighthouse authority to undertake the superintendence and management of any general lighthouse situated in or adjacent to the local limits within which the authority exercises its powers, and shall pay to the authority such sums to defray the cost of superintendence and management as the Central Government may determine.