21. Power to make rules.
(1) The Central Government 2[may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules] consistent with this Act to carry into effect the purposes thereof.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:
3[(a) the powers and duties of the Director -General of Lighthouses and Lightships and Directors and Deputy Directors -General of Lighthouses and Lightships;]
(b) the procedure and conduct of business of Advisory Committees constituted under this Act;
4[(bb) the manner in which the light may be removed and the height of the building, structure or tree may be reduced under sub -section (5) of section 8A.]
(c) the rate of travelling and subsistence allowance payable to members of Advisory Committees; 5***
6[(cc) the rates of fees for providing assistance to ships for calibrating their Wireless Direction Finders and for rendering other services to vessels;]
(d) the period in respect of which and the form in which the separate account referred to insub-section (1) of section 20 shall be kept and the forms in which that account and the statement referred to in sub-section (2) of that section shall respectively be presented to the Central Advisory Committee.
6[(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under this section shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament while it is in session for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediate ly following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule, or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
1. The heading "DELEGATION OF POWERS" omitted by Act 37 of 1976, s. 8 (w.e.f. 15-4-1976).
2. Subs. by s. 9, ibid., for "may make rules" (w.e.f. 15-4-1976).
3. Subs. by Act 66 of 1985, s. 9, for clause (a) (w.e.f. 1-2-1986).
4. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 1-2-1986).
5. The word "and" omitted by Act 37 of 1976, s. 9 (w.e.f. 15-4-1976).
6. Ins. by s. 9, ibid. (w.e.f. 15-4-1976).