4. Power to make rules.
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
1. Subs. by Act 18 of2000, s.2, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 5-2-1999).
2. Subs. by s.3,ibid., for section 2 (w.e.f. 7-6-2000).
3. Subs. by s.4, ibid., for section 3 (w.e.f. 7-6-2000).
(2) Every rule made under sub-section (1) shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.