4. Administrator of society.-
(1) The Central Government shall, as from the commencement of this Act, appoint a person as the Administrator of the society for the purpose of taking over the administration thereof and the Administrator shall carry on the management of the society for and on behalf of the Central Government.
(2) Subject to the supervision, control and directions of the Administrator, the functions of the finance Committee of the Society, before the commencement of this Act, shall be exercised by an officer of the Central Government, to be appointed by that Government.
(3) The Central Government may issue such directions (including directions as to initiating, defending or continuing any legal proceedings before any court, tribunal or other authority) to the Administrator as to his powers and duties as that Government may deem desirable and the Administrator may apply to the Central Government at any time for instructions as to the manner in which he shall conduct the management of the society or in relation to any matter arising in the course of such management.
(4) Subject to the other provisions of this Act and the rules made thereunder and to the control of the Central Government, the Administrator shall be entitled, notwithstanding anything contained in the Societies Registration Act or any other law for the time being in force, to exercise, in relation to the management of the society, the powers of the General Council, or, as the case may be, the Executive Board, including the powers to dispose of any property or assets of such society, whether such powers are derived under any law for the time being in force or from the memorandum and rules and regulations of the society or from any other source.
(5) Every person having possession, custody or control of any property forming part of the society shall deliver forthwith such property to the Administrator.
(6) Any person who, on the commencement of this Act has in his possession or under his control any books, papers, works of art or other documents relating to management of the society, including the minutes books containing the resolutions of the persons in charge of the management of the society before the commencement of this Act, the current cheque books relating to the management of the society, any letters, memoranda, notes or other communications between him and the society shall, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, be liable to account for the books, papers, works of art and other documents (including such minutes books, cheque books, letters, memoranda, notes or other communications) to the Administrator.
(7) Any person in charge of the administration of the society immediately before the commencement of this Act shall, within ten days from that day or within such further period as the Central Government may allow in this behalf, furnish to the Administrator a complete inventory of all the properties and assets (including particulars of book debts and investments and belongings) forming part of the society immediately before the commencement of this Act, and of all the liabilities and obligations of the society, in relation to its administration, subsisting immediately before such commencement, and also of all agreements entered into by the society in relation to its administration and in force immediately before such commencement.
(8) The Administrator shall receive from the funds of the society such remuneration as the Central Government may fix.