Taking Over of The Management of The Lalit Kala Akadami
3. Management of the society.-
(1) On and from the commencement of this Act, and for a period of three years thereafter, the management of the society shall vest in the Central Government: Provided that if the Central Government is of opinion that in order to secure the proper management of the society, it is expedient that such management should continue to vest in the Central Government after the expiry of the said period of three years, it may, from time to time, issue directions for the continuance of such management for such period, not exceeding one year at a time, as it may think fit; so, however, that the total period for which such management shall continue to vest in the Central Government shall not, in any case, exceed five years.
(2) The management of the society shall be deemed to include management of all assets, rights, lease-holds, powers, authorities and privileges and all property, movable and immovable, including lands, buildings, works of art, workshops, projects, stores, instruments, library, machinery automobile and other vehicles, cash balances, reserve funds, investments and book debts and all other rights and interests arising out of such property as were immediately before the commencement of this Act in the ownership, possession, power or control of the society, and all such books of account, registers, maps, plans and all other documents of whatever nature relating thereto.
(3) Any contracts, whether express or implied, or other arrangement, in so far as it relates to the management of the society and affairs of the society and in force immediately before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have terminated on such commencement.
(4) All persons in charge of the management of the society, including persons holding offices as Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary or Honorary Secretary, as the case may be, and members of the General Council, Executive Board, Finance Committee and all other committees of the society immediately before the commencement of this Act shall be deemed to have vacated their offices as such on such commencement.