6. Term of office and fresh nomination in certain cases.-
(1) The terms of office of nominated members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(2) Any nominated member may resign his office by giving notice in writing to the Central Government and to the State Government, and on such resignation being notified by the Central Government, in the Official Gazette shall be deemed to have vacated his office.
(3) A casual vacancy created by the resignation of a nominated member under sub-section (2) or for any other reason may be filled by fresh nomination by the Central Government or the State Government, as the case may be, and a member so nominated shall hold office for the remaining period for which the member in whose place he is nominated would have held office.
(4) An outgoing member shall be eligible for renomination.
(5) If any nominated member is by infirmity or otherwise rendered temporarily incapable of carrying out his duties or is absent on leave or otherwise in circumstances not involving the vacation of his office, the Central Government or the State Government, as the case may be, may nominate another person to act in his place during his absence.