The Khadi and Industries Commission Act, 1956
4. Establishment and constitution of the Commission.
- With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, fix in this behalf, there shall be established a Commission to be called the Khadi and village Industries Commission which shall be a body corporate having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and may by the said name sue and be issued
- The Commission shall consist of the following members appointed by the Central Government, namely:--
- six non-official members having specialised knowledge and experience of khadi and village industries and representing such six geographical zones of the country, as may be prescribed;
- two non-official members having expert knowledge and experience in one or more of the following disciplines, namely:--Economics, Planning, Rural Development, Science and Technology or Technical Education and Training;
- one Financial Adviser, who shall also be the Chief Accounts Officer of the Commission, ex-officio; and
- a Chief Executive Officer, ex-officio
Provided that the ex-officio members shall not have the right to vote in any of the matters discussed at a meeting of the Commission.
- The Central Government may appoint one of the members appointed under clause
- of sub-section (2) to be the chairman who shall be a full-time member.]