The Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
96. Transfer of child between Children’s Homes, or special homes or fit facility or fit person in different parts of India.
1. The State Government may at any time, on the recommendation of a Committee or Board, as the case may be, notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, and keeping the best interest of the child in mind, order the child’s transfer from any Children’s Home or special home or fit facility or fit person, to a home or facility, within the State with prior intimation to the concerned Committee or the Board:
Provided that for transfer of a child between similar home or facility or person within the same district, the Committee or Board, as the case may be, of the said district shall be competent to issue such an order.
2. If transfer is being ordered by a State Government to an institution outside the State, this shall be done only in consultation with the concerned State Government.
3. The total period of stay of the child in a Children’s Home or a special home shall not be increased by such transfer.
4. Orders passed under sub-sections (1) and (2) shall be deemed to be operative for the Committee or the Board, as the case may be, of the area to which the child is sent.