Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000
Chapter I: Preliminary
1. Short title, extent, commencement and application.-
1. This Act may be called the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2000.
2. It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
3. It shall come into force on such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
4. Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the provisions of this Act shall apply to all cases involving detention, prosecution, penalty or sentence of imprisonment of juveniles in conflict with law under such other law. Title substituted and subsection (4) inserted vide Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Act, 2006, section 3