6. Term of office of, and vacancies among members.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member shall be five years from the date of his nomination or election.
(2) The term of office of a member elected under clause (k) of sub-section (1) of section 5 shall come to an end as soon as he becomes a Minister or Minister of State or Deputy Minister or the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha or the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha or ceases to be a member of the House from which he was elected.
(3) The term of office of an ex officiomember shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is such a member.
(4)The term of office of a member nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he is nominated or elected.
(5) An out-going member other than a member elected under clause (k) of sub-section (1) of section 5 shall continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place or for a period of three months, whichever is earlier:
Provided that the Central Government shall nominate a member in place of an out-going member within the said period of three months.
(6) An out-going member shall be eligible for re-nomination or re-election.
(7) A member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but he shall continue in office until his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(8) The manner of filling vacancies among members shall be such as may be prescribed.