11. Staff of Institute.-
(1) There shall be a chief executive officer of the Institute who shall be designated as the Director of the Institute and shall, subject to such rules as may be prescribed, be appointed by the Institute:
Provided that the first Director of the Institute shall be appointed by the Central Government.
(2) The Director shall act as the Secretary to the Institute as well as the Governing Body.
(3) The Director shall hold office for a term of five years from the date on which he enters upon his office or until he attains the age of sixty-five years, whichever is earlier.
(4) The Director shall exercise such powers and discharge such functions as may be specified, or as may be delegated to him by the Institute or the President of the Institute or the Governing Body or the Chairperson of the Governing Body.
(5) Subject to such rules as may be prescribed, the Institute may appoint such number of other officers and employees as may be necessary for the exercise of its powers and discharge of its functions and may determine the designations and grades of such other officers and employees.
(6) Subject to such rules as may be prescribed, the Director and other officers and employees of the Institute shall be entitled to such salary and allowances and shall be governed by such conditions of service in respect of leave, pension, provident fund and other matters as may be specified.