79. Advocate General for Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.-
(1) The Lieutenant Governor shall appoint a person who is qualified to be appointed a Judge of the High Court, to be Advocate-General for the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
(2) It shall be the duty of such Advocate-General to give advice to the Government of such Union territory upon such legal matters and to perform such other duties of a legal character, as may from time to time be referred or assigned to him by the said Government, and to discharge the functions conferred on him by or under the Constitution or any other law for the time being in force.
(3) In the performance of his duties, the Advocate-General shall have the right of audience in all courts in the Union territory of Jammu and Kashmir.
(4) The Advocate-General shall hold office during the pleasure of the Lieutenant Governor and receive such remuneration as the Lieutenant Governor may determine.