58. Appointment of Lieutenant Governor of Union territory of Ladakh.-
(1) The Union territory of Ladakh will be administered by the President acting, to such extent as he thinks fit, through a Lieutenant Governor to be appointed by him under article 239.
(2) The President may make regulations for the peace, progress and good government of the Union territory of Ladakh under article 240 of the Constitution of India.
(3) Any regulation so made may repeal or amend any Act made by Parliament or any other law which is for the time being applicable to the Union territory of Ladakh and, when promulgated by the President, shall have the same force and effect as an Act of Parliament which applies to the Union territory of Ladakh.
(4) The Lieutenant Governor shall be assisted by advisor(s) to be appointed by the Central Government.