54. Other provisions as to Ministers.-
(1) The Chief Minister shall be appointed by the Lieutenant Governor and the other Ministers shall be appointed by the Lieutenant Governor on the advice of the Chief Minister.
(2) The Ministers shall hold office during the pleasure of the Lieutenant Governor.
(3) The Council of Ministers shall be collectively responsible to the Legislative Assembly.
(4) Before a Minister enters upon his office, the Lieutenant Governor shall administer to him the oaths of office and of secrecy according to the forms set out for the purpose in the Fourth Schedule to this Act.
(5) A Minister who for any period of six consecutive months is not a member of the Legislative Assembly shall at the expiration of that period cease to be a Minister.
(6) The salaries and allowances of Ministers shall be such as the Legislative Assembly may from time to time by law determine, and until the Legislative Assembly so determines, shall be determined by the Lieutenant Governor.