11. The Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor).-
(1) The Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) shall be appointed by the Visitor in such manner as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) shall be the principal executive and academic officer of the University, and shall exercise general supervision and control over the affairs of the University and give effect to the decision of all the authorities of the University.
(3) The Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) may, if he is of opinion that immediate action is necessary on any matter, exercise any power conferred on any authority of the University by or under this Act and shall report to such authority the action taken by him on such matter:
Provided that if the authority concerned is of opinion that such action ought not to have been taken, it may refer the matter to the Visitor whose decision thereon shall be final:
Provided further that any person in the service of the University who is aggrieved by the action taken by the Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) under this sub-section shall have the right to appeal against such action to the Majlis-i-Muntazimah (Executive Council) within three months from the date on which decision on such action is communicated to him, and thereupon the Majlis-i-Muntaiimah (Executive Council) may confirm, modify or reverse the action taken by the Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor).
(4) The Shaikh-ul-Jamia (Vice-Chancellor) shall exercise such other powers and perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the Statutes or Ordinances.