9. Power to make rules.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules to carry out the objects of this Act.
4 (2) In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for-
(a) the manner in which funds belonging to the Memorial shall be kept deposited or invested;
(b) the mode of authentication of orders for payment of money by the Trustees;
(c) the form in which accounts shall be kept by the Trustees and the audit and publication of such accounts;
(d) the laying out, erection, improvement, maintenance and management of the Memorial and the care and custody of the properties thereof.
(e) the conditions under which the public shall have access to the Memorial or particular parts thereof and the regulation of the conduct of persons entering the precincts of the Memorial;
(f) the preservation of, and the prevention of injury to or interference with, any property vested in the Trustees and the prevention of persons from trespassing into any particular part of the Memorial.
1[(2A) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.]
(3) A rule made under this section made provide that a breach of any rule made under clauses (e) and (f) of sub-section (2) shall be punishable with fine which may extend to one hundred rupees.
1. Subs. by Act 51 of 2006, s. 3, for section 5 (w.e.f. 21-12-2006).
2. Ins. by Act 39 of 2019, s. 3 (w.e.f. 5-12-2019).
3. Ins. by Act 51 of 2006, s.
4 (w.e.f. 21-12-2006). 4. Ins. by s.
5, ibid.(w.e.f. 21-12-2006).