8[6A. Power to make schemes to implement decision of Tribunal.-
(1) Without prejudice to the provisions of section 6, the Central Government may, be notification in the Official Gazette, frame a scheme or schemes whereby provision may be made for all matters necessary to give effect to the decision of a Tribunal.
(2) A scheme framed under sub-section (1) may provide for-
(a) the establishment of any authority (whether described as such or as a committee or other body) for the implementation of the decision or directions of the Tribunal;
(b) the composition, jurisdiction, powers and functions of the authority, the term of office and other conditions of service of, the procedure to be followed by, and the manner of filling vacancies among, the members of the authority;
1[(ba) requisitioning of any data, as may be required by it.]
(c) the holding of a minimum under of meetings of the authority every year, the quorum for such meetings and the procedure thereat;
(d) the appointment of any standing ad hoc or other committees by the authority;
(e) the employment of a Secretary and other staff by the authority, the pay and allowances and other conditions of service of such staff;
(f) the constitution of a fund by the authority, the amounts that may be credited to such fund and the expenses to which the fund may be applied;
(g) the form and the manner in which accounts shall be kept by the authority;
(h) the submission of an annual report by the authority of its activities;
(i) the decisions of the authority which shall be subject to review;
(j) the constitution of a committee for making such review and the procedure to be followed by such committee; and
(k) any other matter which may be necessary or proper for the effective implementation of the decision or directions of the Tribunal.
(3) In making provision in any scheme framed under sub-section (1) for the establishment of an authority for giving effect to the decision of a Tribunal, the Central Government may, having regard to the nature of the jurisdiction, powers and functions required to be vested in such authority in accordance with such decision and all other relevant circumstances, declare in the said scheme that such authority shall, under the name specified in the said schemes have capacity to acquire, hold and dispose of property, enter into contracts, sue and be sued and do all such acts as may be necessary for the proper exercise and discharge of its jurisdiction, powers and functions.
(4) A scheme may empower the authority to make, with the previous approval of the Central Government, regulations for giving effect to the purposes of the scheme.
(5) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, add to, amend, or vary, any scheme framed under sub-section (1).
(6) Every Scheme framed under this section shall have effect not withstand anything contained in any law for the time being in force (other than this Act) or any instrument having effect by virtue of any law other than this Act.
(7) Every scheme and every regulation made under a scheme shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the scheme or the regulation or both houses agree that the scheme or the regulation should not be made, the scheme or the regulation shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that scheme or regulation.]
1. Subs. by Act 35 of 1968, s. 2, for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 22-8-1968).
2. Subs. by Act 14 of 2002, s. 3, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 28-3-2002).
3. Subs. by s. 4, ibid., for sub-section (2) (w.e.f. 28-3-2002).
4. Ins. by Act 35 of 1968, s. 3 (w.e.f. 22-8-1968).
5. Ins. by s. 4, ibid. (w.e.f. 22-8-1968).
6. Section 6 renumbered as sub-section (1) thereof by Act 14 of 2002, s. 5 (w.e.f. 28-3-2002).
7. Ins. by s. 5, ibid. (w.e.f. 28-3-2002).
8. Ins. by Act 45 of 1980, s. 2 (w.e.f. 27-8-1980).