5[14. Constitution of Ravi and Beas Waters Tribunal.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in in the foregoing provisions of this Act, the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, a constitute a Tribunal under this Act, to be known as the Ravi and Beas Waters Tribunal for the verification and adjudication of the matters referred to in paragraphs 9.1 and 9.2, respectively, of the Punjab Settlement.
(2) When a Tribunal has been constituted under sub-section (1), the provisions of sub-sections (2) and (3) of section 4, sub-sections (2), (3) and (4) of section 5 and sections 5A to 13 (both inclusive) of this Act relating to the constitution, jurisdiction, powers, authority and bar or jurisdiction shall, so far as may be, but subject to sub-section (3) hereof, apply to the constitution, jurisdiction, powers, authority and bar of jurisdiction in relation to the Tribunal constituted under sub-section (1).
(3) When a Tribunal has been constituted under sub-section (1), the Central Government alone may suo motu or at the request of the concerned State Government refer the mattes specified in paragraphs 9.1 and 9.2 of the Punjab Settlement to such Tribunal.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this section, "Punjab Settlement" means the Memorandum of Settlement signed at New Delhi on the 24th day of July, 1985.]
1. Subs. by Act 35 of 1968, s. 7, for "the presiding officer" (w.e.f. 22-8-1968).
2. Subs. by Act 14 of 2002, s. 8, for clause (e) (w.e.f. 28-3-2002).
3. Subs. by Act 35 of 1968, s. 7, for sub-section (3) (w.e.f. 22-8-1968).
4. Subs. by Act 45 of 1980, s. 3, for certain words (w.e.f. 27-9-1980).
5. Ins. by Act 20 of 1986, s. 2 (w.e.f. 2-4-1986).