22. Power of Central Government to supersede Authority.-
(1) If at any time the Central Government is of the opinion that-
(a) on account of circumstances beyond the control of the Authority, it is unable to discharge the functions or perform the duties imposed on it by or under thisAct; or
(b) the Authority has persistently defaulted in complying with any direction given by the Central Government under this Act or in the discharge of the functions or performance of the duties imposed on it by or under this Act and as a result of such default the financial position of the Authority or the administration of the Authority has deteriorated; or
(c) circumstances exist which render it necessary in the public interest so to do, theCentral Government may, by notification and for reasonsto be specified therein,supersede theAuthority for such period, not exceeding sixmonths, as may be specified in the notification:
Provided that before issuing any such notification, the Central Government shall give a reasonable opportunity to the Authority to make representations, if any, of the Authority.
(2) Upon the publication of a notification under sub-section (1) superseding the Authority,-
(a) the Chairperson and other Members shall, as from the date of supersession, vacate their offices as such;
(b) all the powers, functions and duties which may, by or under this Act, be exercised or discharged by or on behalf of the Authority shall, until the Authority is reconstituted under sub-section (3), be exercised and discharged by such person or persons as the Central Government may direct; and
(c) all properties owned or controlled by the Authority shall, until the Authority is reconstituted under sub-section (3), vest in the Central Government.
(3) On or before the expiration of the period of supersession specified in the notification issued under sub-section (1), the Central Government shall reconstitute the Authority by a fresh appointment of its Chairperson and other Members and in such case any person who had vacated his office under clause (a) of sub-section (2)shall not be deemed to be disqualified for reappointment.
(4) The Central Government shall, as soon as may be, cause a copy of the notification issued under sub-section (1) and a full report to any action taken by it, to be laid before each House ofParliament.