13. Powers of Authority in relation to financial products, financial services and financial institutions.-
(1) Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, all powers exercisable by an appropriate regulator, specified under column (2) of the First Schedule, under the respective Acts as specified in the corresponding entry under column (3) of the said Schedule shall, in the International Financial Services Centres, be exercised by the Authority in so far as it relates to the regulation of the financial products, financial services or financial institutions, as the case may be.
(2) The Central Government may, by notification, amend the First Schedule by including therein any financial sector regulator and the law administered by it, or omitting therefrom any financial sector regulator or any law specified therein, and on the publication of such notification, such regulator and the law shall be deemed to be included in, or omitted from, the First Schedule.
(3) Every notification issued under sub-section (2) shall be laid before each House of Parliament.
(4) For the purposes of sub-section (1), the provisions of the respective Acts specified under column (3) of the First Schedule relating to-
(a) the manner of filing an application for recognition or registration or withdrawal of recognition or registration or furnishing of information orreports;
(b) the procedure of inspection, investigation or prosecution of offences, settlement of civil and administrative proceedings, compounding or adjudication of any offence or penalty, or actions to be taken in furtherance of such inspection, investigation, or adjudication or filing of appeals arising therefrom;
(c) the determination or settlement, as the case may be, of any fee or fine or penalty or any other sum of amount or punishment for the contravention of any provisions of respective Acts specified in the First Schedule and recovery ofsuch fine or penalty, shall, mutatis mutandis, apply to financial products, financial services and financial institutions under this Act, as they apply to the financial products, financial services and financial institutions under such respective Acts.
(5) The penalties, fines, fees and settlement amounts shall be collected or realised in the foreign currency equivalent of the penalty or fine imposed.
Explanation.- The rate of exchange for computing the foreign currency equivalent to Indian rupees shall be such as are as notified by the Reserve Bank of India on the date of the order imposing the penalty or fine, as the case may be.
(6) All sums realised by way of penalties or fines under this Act shall be credited to the Consolidated Fund of India in Indian rupees.
(7) The Authority may, in addition to the above, specify by regulations the manner in which the functions may be performed by the Authority for carrying out the provisions of this section.