Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999
25. Establishment of Insurance Advisory Committee
(1) The Authority may, by notification, establish with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification, a Committee to be known as the Insurance Advisory Committee.
(2) The Insurance Advisory Committee shall consist of not more than twenty-five members excluding ex officio members to represent the interests of commerce, industry, transport, agriculture, consumer fora , surveyors, agents, intermediaries, organizations engaged in safety and loss prevention, research bodies and employees' association in the insurance sector.
(3) The Chairperson and the members of the Authority shall be the ex officio Chairperson and ex officio members of the Insurance Advisory Committee.
(4) The objects of the Insurance Advisory Committee shall be to advise the Authority on matters relating to the making of the regulations under section 26.
(5) Without prejudice to the provisions of sub-section (4), the Insurance Advisory Committee may advise the Authority on such other matters as may be prescribed.