64. Books to be kept by insurers established outside India.-
Every insurer, having his principal place of business or domicile outside 1[India]., Shall keep at his principal office in 1[India]. such books of account, registers and documents as will enable the accounts, statements and abstracts which he is required under this Act to furnish to the 3[Authority] in respect of the insurance business transacted by him, in India to be compiled and, if necessary, checked by the 3[Authority] 4[and shall furnish to the 3[Authority] on or before the last day of January in every calendar year a certificate from an auditor to the effect that the said books of account, register and documents are being kept as required at the principal office of the insurer in India].
1. Subs. by Act 62 of 1956, s. 2 and the Schedule, for "the States" (w.e.f. 1-11-1956).
2. Subs. by Act 11 of 1939, s. 23, for "agent".
3. Subs. by Act 41 of 1999, s. 30 and the First Schedule, for "Controller" (w.e.f. 19-4-2000)
4. Added by Act 47 of 1950, s. 44 (w.e.f. 1-6-1950).