105C. Power to adjudicate.-
(1) For the purpose of adjudication under sub-section (2) of section 2CB, sub-section (4) of section 34B, sub-section (3) of section 40, sub-section (2) of section 41, sub-sections (4) and (5) of section 42, sub-sections (8) and (9) of section 42D, section 52F and section 105B, the Authority, shall appoint any officer not below the rank of a Joint Director or an equivalent officer to be an adjudicating officer for holding an inquiry in the prescribed manner after giving any person concerned a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
(2) Upon receipt of the inquiry report from the officer so appointed, the Authority, after giving an opportunity of being heard to the person concerned, may impose any penalty provided in sections aforesaid.
(3) While holding an inquiry, the adjudicating officer shall have power to summon and enforce the attendance of any person acquainted with the facts and circumstances of the case to give evidence or to produce any document which in the opinion of the adjudicating officer, may be useful for or relevant to the subject matter of the inquiry and if on such inquiry, is satisfied that the person has failed to comply with the provisions of any of the sections specified in sub-section (1), he may recommend such penalty as he thinks fit in accordance with the provisions of any of those sections.
1. Subs. by Act 5 of 2015, s. 89, for "not exceeding two lakh rupees for each such failure" (w.e.f. 26-12-2014).
2. Subs. by s. 90, ibid., for sections 105B and 105C (w.e.f. 26-12-2014).