32. Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to, members of Council.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member of the Council shall be three years from the date of his nomination or election, as the case may be.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) A member of the Council referred to in clause (h) of sub-section (2) of section 31 shall hold office during the pleasure of the Central Government.
(4) The term of office of a member elected under clause (k) of sub-section (2) of section 31 shall expire as soon as he ceases to be a member of the House which elected him.
(5) The term of office of a member nominated or elected to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated or elected.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section an outgoing member shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated or elected as a member in his place.
(7) The members of the Council shall be paid such travelling and other allowances by the Central Government as may be determined by that Government, but no member shall be entitled to any salary by reason of this sub-section.