12. Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to, members of Board.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of the Chairman or any other member of the Board shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) The term of office of a member nominated under 3[clause (e)] of section 11 shall be two years from the 1st day of January of the year in which he is nominated.
(4) The term of office of a member nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing member shall, unless the Council otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place.
(6) The members of the Board shall be entitled to such allowances, if any, from the Institute as may be provided for in the Statutes but no member other than the persons referred to in clauses (b) and (e) of section 11 shall be entitled to any salary by reason of this sub-section.
1. Ins. by Act 34 of 2012, s. 8 (w.e.f. 29-6-2012).
2. The Explanation omitted by Act 34 of 2012, s. 8 (w.e.f. 29-6-2012).