7. Terms of office of, and vacancies among, members.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member including nominated or elected member of the Institute shall be five years from the date of his nomination or election.
(2) The term of office of a member elected under clause (k) of sub-section (1) of section 6 shall come to an end as soon as he becomes a Minister or Minister of State or Deputy Minister or the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker of the House of the People or the Deputy Chairman of the Council of States or ceases to be a member of the House from which he was elected.
(3) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(4) The term of office of a member nominated or elected to fill a causal vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been nominated or elected.
(5) An outgoing member shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated or elected as a member in his place.
(6) A member may resign his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Central Government but he shall continue in office till his resignation is accepted by that Government.
(7) The manner of filling vacancies among members shall be such as may be prescribed.