22. Appointment of resolution professional.-
(1) The first meeting of the committee of creditors shall be held within seven days of the constitution of the committee of creditors.
(2) The committee of creditors, may, in the first meeting, by a majority vote of not less than 2[sixtysix] per cent. of the voting share of the financial creditors, either resolve to appoint the interim resolution professional as a resolution professional or to replace the interim resolution professional by another resolution professional.
(3) Where the committee of creditors resolves under sub-section (2)-
(a) to continue the interim resolution professional as resolution professional 3[subject to a written consent from the interim resolution professional in the specified form] it shall communicate its decision to the interim resolution professional, the corporate debtor and the Adjudicating Authority; or
(b) to replace the interim resolution professional, it shall file an application before the Adjudicating Authority for the appointment of the proposed resolution professional 1[along with a written consent from the proposed resolution professional in the specified form].
(4) The Adjudicating Authority shall forward the name of the resolution professional proposed under clause (b) of sub-section (3) to the Board for its confirmation and shall make such appointment after confirmation by the Board.
(5) Where the Board does not confirm the name of the proposed resolution professional within ten days of the receipt of the name of the proposed resolution professional, the Adjudicating Authority shall, by order, direct the interim resolution professional to continue to function as the resolution professional until such time as the Board confirms the appointment of the proposed resolution professional.
1. Subs. by Act 26 of 2018, s. 15, for sub-sections (7) and (8) (w.e.f. 6-6-2018).
2. Subs. by s. 16, ibid., for "seventy-five" (w.e.f. 6-6-2018).
3. Ins. by s. 16, ibid. (w.e.f. 6-6-2018).