5. Registration Committee.
(1) The Central Government shall constitute a Registration Committee consisting of a Chairman, and not more than five persons who shall be members of the Board (including the Drugs Controller, India and the Plant Protection Adviser to the Government of India)
(i) to register insecticides after scrutinising their formulae and verifying claims made by the importer or the manufacturer, as the case may be, as regards their efficacy and safety to human beings and animals; and
(ii) to perform such other functions as are assigned to it by or under this Act.
(2) Where the Chairman is not a member of the Board, his term of office and other conditions of service shall be such as may be determined by the Central Government.
(3) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), a member of the Registration Committee shall hold office for so long as he is a member of the Board.
(4) The Committee may also co-opt such number of experts and for such purpose or period as it may deem fit, but any expert so co-opted shall have no right to vote.
(5) The Registration Committee shall regulate its own procedure and the conduct of business to be transacted by it.