18. Prohibition of sale, etc., of certain insecticides.
(1) No person shall, himself or by any person on his behalf, sell, stock or exhibit for sale, distribute, 2[transport, use, or cause to be used] by any worker
(a) any insecticide which is not registered under this Act;
(b) any insecticide, the sale, distribution or use of which is for the time being prohibited under section 27;
(c) any insecticide in contravention of any other provision of this Act or of any rule made thereunder.
(2) No person shall, himself or by any person on his behalf, sell, stock or exhibit for sale or distribute 3[or use for commercial pest control operations] any insecticide except under, and in accordance with the conditions of, a licence issued for such purpose under this Act.
For the purposes of this section an insecticide in respect of which any person has applied for a certificate of registration 4[under any of the provisos] to sub-section (1) of section 9, shall be deemed to be registered till the date on which the refusal to register such insecticide is notified in the Official Gazette.
1. Subs. by Act 46 of 1972, s. 4, for "under the proviso" (w.e.f. 1-8-1971).
2. Subs. by Act 24 of 1977, s. 5, for "transport or cause to be used" (w.e.f. 2-8-1977).
3. Ins. by s. 5, ibid. (w.e.f. 2-8-1977).
4. Subs. by Act 46 of 1972, s. 5, for "under the proviso" (w.e.f. 1-8-1971).