15. Appeal against the decision of a licensing officer.
(1) Any person aggrieved by a decision of a licensing officer under section 13 [except under the proviso to sub-section (4)] or section 14 may, within a period of thirty days from the date on which the decision is communicated to him, appeal to such authority in such manner and on payment of such fee as may be prescribed:
1. Ins. by Act 24 of 1977, s. 4 (w.e.f. 2-8-1977).
2. Subs. by Act 46 of 1972, s. 3, for "three months" (w.e.f. 1-8-1971)
3. Subs. by Act 24 of 1977, s. 4, for "the proviso" (w.e.f. 2-8-1977).
Provided that the appellate authority may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period if it is satisfied that the appellant was prevented by sufficient cause from filing the appeal in time.
(2) On receipt of an appeal under sub-section (1), the appellate authority shall, after giving the appellant an opportunity of showing cause, dispose of the appeal ordinarily within a period of six months and the decision of the appellate authority shall be final.