The Inland Vessels Act, 2021
93. Certificate of enrolment and marking of vessel.-
(1) The officer of the authorised department appointed or authorised to maintain the registry under this Chapter, shall issue a certificate of enrolment to the non-mechanically propelled inland vessels that have enrolled in the registry of enrolment.
(2) The certificate of enrolment shall be issued, in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the respective State Government, and details to be specified in such certificate shall include-
(a) name, permanent address as given in the Unique Identification Document issued by Unique Identification Authority of India, electoral identification document or such other document of the owner, as may be prescribed by the State Government;
(b) details such as year of construction, laying of keel or such other information;
(c) details of design, if identified or categorised under this Chapter;
(d) details of officer issuing or granting the certificate; and
(e) number given to the vessels enrolled by the issuing authority.
(3) The authorised department in every State shall issue a number to the non-mechanically propelled inland vessel enrolled within the respective jurisdiction, which shall be unique for the purpose of identification of enrolment with the authorised department of the respective State.
(4) The number so issued under sub-section (3) shall be exhibited on a conspicuous part of the non-mechanically propelled inland vessel in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the respective State Government.