The Inland Vessels Act, 2021
89. Fees, additional fee, payment and collection.-
(1) Unless otherwise specified, the State Government shall collect, the fees and additional fees for the services provided under this Act and any other charges or payment made to it against payments towards penalties, at such rates and intervals, as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(2) The State Government shall appoint or authorise such officers, or constitute such offices within its jurisdictions, by notification, to act as single point collection offices within the districts or ports, considering proximity and convenience of remittance.
(3) The procedures, forms and format of receipts, maintenance of accounts and any other matter that is necessary for the purpose of the remittance, collection, accounts and accountability of collected fees, additional fees, charges or payment against penalties of pecuniary nature shall be such as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(4) The owner, operators or their representatives, as the case may be, shall remit the fees or additional fees in such manner and at such rates as may be prescribed by the State Government.
(5) All fees payable under this Act may be recovered as fine under this Act.