9. Power for State Government to grant or authorise the grant of certificates of survey.-
(1) The State Government shall, if satisfied that all the pr ovisions of this Act have been complied with in respect of a declaration sent under section 8, cause, -
(a) a certificate of survey, in duplicate, to be prepared, and
(b) notice thereof to be given by post or otherwise to the owner or master of the 1[mechanically propelled vessel] to which the certificate relates.
(2) On application made by the owner or master to such officer at the place of survey as the State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint in this behalf, and on payment to such officer by the owner or master of the sum (if any) forfeited by him under section 8, sub-section (2) (the actual amount of which within the limit thereby fixed shall be determined by the State Government), the certificate, in duplicate, so prepared shall be granted to the owner or master by the State Government and issued to him through such officer.
(3) A certificate granted under this section shall be in the prescribed form, shall contain a statement to the effect that all the provisions of this Act with respect to the survey of the 1[mechanically propelled vessel] and the declaration of survey have been complied with, and shall set forth-
(a) the particulars concerning the 1[mechanically propelled vessel] mentioned in the declaration of survey as required by clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) of section 7, and (b) any other prescribed particulars.
(4) The State Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, delegate to any person all or any of the functions assigned to the State Government under this section: Provided that no delegation shall be made under sub-section (2) so as to authorise the grant of a certificate of survey by the surveyor who made the declaration of survey under section 7.