53. Power for State Government to make rules as to carriage of passengers in inland mechanically propelled vessels .-
(1) The State Government may make rules to regulate the carriage of passengers in inland 1[mechanically propelled vessels].
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may-
(a) prescribe the cases in which passengers may be refused admission to, or may be required to leave, inland 1[mechanically propelled vessels];
(b) provide for the payment of fares, and the exhibition of tickets or receipts (if any) showing the payment of their fares, by passengers in inland 1[mechanically propelled vessels]; and
(c) regulate generally the conduct of passengers in inland 1[mechanically propelled vessels].
(3) Any rule matte under this section may contain a provision that any person committing a breach of it shall be punishable with fine which may extend to twenty rupees.
(4) The master or any other officer of an inland 3[mechanically propelled vessel], and any person called by him to his assistance, may arrest any person who has committed a breach of any rule made under this section, if the name and address of such person arc unknown to the master or such other officer.
(5) The procedure prescribed by 4[section 43 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (2 of 1974)], in the case of arrest by private persons shall apply to every arrest made under this section.